Just because Thanksgiving dinner is over doesn't mean time with your family has to end. Beckon is all about sharing a treat you love with the people you love. We want all of you to keep the feast going, so ditch the crowded malls this Black Friday and join us for Beckon Friday instead!
We know there are more Thanksgiving leftovers than there is fridge space, which is why we've offered a solution. Here are two quick delicious recipes you can make using some of those leftovers and your favorite ice cream...
Put all that leftover cranberry sauce to use with this boozy Vanilla Cranberry Float that will ensure that the good times keep rolling.
Vanilla Cranberry Float (adults only!)
i. Cranberry Cocktail
¾ oz cranberry shrub (see instructions below)
2 oz bourbon
1 tsp maple syrup
½ oz Grand Marnier
3 drops of orange bitters
Beckon Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice
- Add ingredients and shake well.
- Pour into a cold glass
- Garnish with frozen cranberries or a strip of orange zest. Make it a float by adding a scoop of Beckon Vanilla Ice Cream and enjoy!
ii. Cranberry Shrub
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup leftover fresh cranberry sauce
Or 1 cup water
1 cup sugar
½ cup frozen cranberries
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat bring vinegar, water, sugar, and cranberries to a boil, stir, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, crushing the cranberries occasionally to release their juices. Cool, strain, and refrigerate for up to one month. Alternatively, bring leftover cranberry sauce and vinegar to a boil, simmer, and reduce. Cool, strain, and refrigerate for up to one month.
Don't throw that leftover Pumpkin Pie away! While the adults are sipping on their cocktails here is something the kids can enjoy.
The Triple P Shake (Post-Holiday Pumpkin Pie Shake)
1 slice leftover pumpkin pie
2 scoops Vanilla Beckon Ice Cream
1 cup Lactose-free milk
- In a blender combine the pumpkin pie filling (save the crust for later), Beckon Ice Cream, and milk. Blend until smooth
- Pour into a cold tall glass and crumble the crust on top
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg