To all our lactose-free lovebirds out there: get excited, because tomorrow is Valentine's Day! If you somehow managed to forget, we've got you covered this time. Make up for your lack of dinner reservations with a bouquet of grocery store roses and this delicious recipe from our new show, Beckon from the Kitchen.
This week, our resident Masterchef, Sam, is blending up the perfect strawberry Valentine's Day milkshake that you can share with your lactose-free love, your galentine, or just to treat yourself!
- 1/2 pint Vanilla Beckon Ice Cream
- 1/4 pint fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup lactose free milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (solid)
- 1/4 cup dried strawberries
- 1/8 cup cocoa nibs
- The night before chill your can of coconut milk, stand mixer bowl, whisk attachment, and glass
- In a spice grinder, grind the cocoa nibs until slightly smaller. Pour onto the small plate. Add the dried strawberries to the grind and pulse until fine.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the dark chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Add the coconut oil and stir.
- Dip your glass so that chocolate covers 1/4th of the top of the glass. Roll the chocolate covered glass in the cocoa nib strawberry mixture until coated. Place in the refrigerator.
- In your blender, blend together the milk, Beckon and strawberries until smooth.
- Pour your milkshake into your glass. Top with whipped cream.
- Add two straws or remove one because you are an independent woman you don't need no man!